Monday, February 9, 2009

Why ME...?

So last Friday I had a "why me" day. I'm sure everyone gets those, but this is how mine went...
(P.S. this picture is of Tyler's "Item of the Day":The toy he takes with him every where!)



I dropped Chase off at school the went to Winco to get my groceries like i do every Friday. at 11:00 I stopped at McDonald's to get my boys some chicken nuggets for lunch. Tyler was eating really well. We had just got into the subdivision to get Chase and Tyler started choking/ gagging... what ever the cause, he being the boy he is lost it all!! Lucky for me I had a small plastic bag on the seat next to me and I was able to catch most of it after the first wave. I was still driving when he started to throwing up, so I stopped really fast and caught the rest.
ThankfullyChase goes to preschool at my cousin's house and I was able to take Tyler inside, give him a bath, and borrow some PJ's! And because we were 20 min early we got done just in time for class to get out.
So I put Tyler in Chase's car seat and Chase in the back on a booster and went home. So on top of having to get all the groceries out of the car I had to disassemble the car seat to wash it! Plus, despite the fact that I just cleaned the van 2 days before I had to re clean it because I got dirty again after chase dumped his lunch on the floor. (Don't you just love "re-doing" thing)




And now the van needs cleaned again!!!! because on Saturday, the very next day after cleaning it 2 times in one week Tory had to take the van full of scouts to go Skiing at Bogus so it is again a mess... bigger than the first 2 times!




But to Tory's credit, He always cleans the van after he uses it for scouts... I'm just not sure how soon he is planning to do it!





So I finished cleaning the van, then began to take apart Tyler's seat. Then I started the laundry... I put the seat cover in, my favorite BSU sweatshirt that I wear every day and dumped the bag of puked on clothes in the washer! But what I didn't remember was that I also tossed a diaper in that bag when I was gathering my mess at Kristina's house, so when I went to rotate the wash I discovered another unexpected mess!



Have you ever washed a Diaper? ...







I know complaining doesn't solve anything, but sometimes telling someone your problems can help you get ideas how to solve them. So I called my mom and told her the story and she suggested my shop vacuum! (Which, in my state of frustration, I hadn't thought of yet!)

So I spent the next 30 min. vacuuming out the washer and everything in it so I could wash it all again.... Why ME? (Answer:) Because I needed something interesting to blog about!

2 comments:

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Well Melissa, I know I'd already heard the story. But the picture of your favorite sweatshirt covered in diaper polymers still made me chuckle. At least it didn't RUIN it!! You're lucky there!

Amber said...

No fun. If it makes you feel any better I have washed Madelyn's sheets three days in a row. She was doing fine not peeing at nap time but for some reason the last three days she has peed everyday at nap time. But I must admit I would rather clean up pee than throw up.