Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Flash Back...

Valentines Day is pretty special to Tory and I because that is the day we met! So I decided for my "Flash-Back Friday" I would take you back 8 years to the day we met!
As much as I would like to say it was love at first sight... it wasn't. In fact if Tory hadn't been persistent who know where we would be...
On Valentines Day I had Ballroom Dance practice at the Institute Church building, and Tory was patiently waiting for his date to show up. But to My fortunate luck his date stood him up!
My friends told me there was a guy named "Adam" that had wanted to meet me on Valentines Day... my secret admirer! So when they showed up to my practice with some guy I hadn't met I got excited and assumed it was him. So they introduced me and said, "Melissa, this is Tory," I was immediately disappointed! Where was ADAM? So being the clueless and sometimes comes across as rude person I was.... I said Hi, and blew him off!
After a casual conversation with my friends (and totally ignoring Tory at the same time) Tory had enough and left. Practice was over shortly after that so I headed out to my car to go home. I don't know what made him try one more time but, Tory wasn't gone yet and he came over to my car and said, "Nice Rack!" (Ok, he really didn't, he just likes to throw that into his version of the story... ) I had a ski rack on top of my car and he asked me, "So do you ski or snow board?" At that point I clued in a bit more and we exchanged phone numbers!


On April 6, 2001 we went to an institute dance together:
"A Walk in the Clouds"

We both lived in the same apartment complex. Both of us were working and done with school, but Tory was on night shift at that time.


We spent a lot of time hanging out at his place because he didn't have any roommates. Our first Official Date wasn't until a month or so after we met... he took me scuba diving!
My journal says our first kiss was March 10, before our first date... but like I said, with him being on night shift and me having dance practices all the time, there wasn't a lot of time for formal dates.


On June 14, 2001 Tory and I went to the temple together and that night after we got out we squeezed through the gates onto the temple grounds. (Tory said, "Lets walk around the temple grounds... I've never been on the Boise Temple Grounds before!") So we did and sat by the waterfall and he said, "It's almost been a perfect night..." then he got down on 1 knee and pulled out my ring and asked me to marry him!
Tory took me to Hawaii for our honeymoon!
To my husband:
You are my best friend! I love you more today than I ever though was possible. I'm so proud of you. You do so much for our little family and give up many of the things you love to do to make us, and most of all me, happy! Thank you for being such a wonderful Father and Husband; and thanks for not giving up on me the day we met...
Thanks for being You!
I love you!

2 comments:

Heather Carringer Lemon said...

Oh how sweet! I feel special to have been there on your first "official" date. I can still remember that night. And how we almost killed all of us in my basement with the dry ice. Good times.

Anonymous said...

AW!!!