Friday, February 6, 2009

Flash-Back-Friday!


I loved my great grandma! Alice Harris. She holds a very special place in my heart. I was looking through my pictures and realized that, compared to how much time I spent with her, I don't have as many pictures of her as I thought I would!


These pictures were taken at her birthday only 1 year before she passed away. I use to go visit her frequently during those days... she was forgetting so many things; and I use to have to pull my hair down. One time I went to see her and she was asking My grandma, "Annie, who is this?" and I let my hair down out of a pony tail and said, "Grandma, it's me... it's Melissa." And then she remembered. Her face lit up and she said "Oh yes... I remember, it's my Melissa, It's my Melissa." and she hugged me.








But memories like that are too hard to write about... I remember her most about 10 years before that, when Kristina, Jennetta, Emily, Jennifer, and I use to spend our childhood days with her in her room.




All the sleep overs... staying up till all hours of the night; going through her drawers of "STUFF"; Those were the times I loved most. We always had a list of chores to do the next morning and she would be there making sure we were staying out of mischief.







I love her and still miss her dearly. I think most of those pictures of me and my cousins must be at my grandma's house, considering she took all the pictures of us in those days!



I guess I'll have to add that to my list of projects... Finding more pictures of her in the time I remember her the most!

I hope you girls forgive me for putting these old pictures of us on here....

This is the last picture I can find of us all: Kristina's wedding Sept 1, 2001!

Lft to Rt: Emily, Jennifer, Kristina, Me, Jennetta!

Love you all!

No comments: