Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Making More Room...

Since there is another child on the way we needed to make a few arrangements in the 2 bedrooms. Chase was sleeping in this room on the top bunk and Tyler was in the other room still sleeping in the crib. (He's going to be 3 in May and he never tries to get out!)




So we decided to to put the boys together. We already had a bunk bed in there, but because my dad built it so strong so many years ago (Anna & I use to sleep in it) we never put the bottom be in. The whole area underneath has been used for a play area!



Chase's kitchen and the shelf with the toy bins use to be stored under there...





So I took a picture of the closet because a lot of rearrange had to happen. The kitchen fits at the end of the bed between it and the closet. The toy bins went in the closet, and the 4 LARGE tonka trucks that use to be in there are now stored under the crib!


The hanging bag with the golf set and balls use to hang on the end corner of the bed, but the kitchen is there now, and the red, and pink trucks are still a favorite toy in this house so they get stuffed and stacked in the closet also!

After we got the room put back together the boys just wanted to play in there. They were both really excited about the whole arrangement.




Chase doesn't look happy here, but he was. The next morning after getting to sleep on the bottom bunk for the first time, He came in my room and said, "I like it, it was fun... I pretended I was camping!"




Chase wanted to take a picture of Tory and I after we were all done but as you can see it didn't turn out well!
And every morning he has insisted (on his own) that he make his bed. I have never asked him to make his bed before! It was all his own idea! He was so proud he had to call Grandpa and Dad at work and tell them about it and take a picture!

3 comments:

Anna Beal said...

Looks good! I hope your boys will acclamate to sleeping together soon. It will make life easier I hope.

Heather Carringer Lemon said...

I am so jealous of you and Anna and the new bunk beds. Wish my dad was that talented with wood. How much does he charge for one of those. ;)

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

You never said how Tyler did with the move!! Or.....is he still in the crib after all that? I feel like you forgot the most important part. How did Ty sleep?!