Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Results Are In...

Day One: Wednesday Night, Feb. 18, Chase said, "Mom is Tyler going to sleep in my room tonight? I want him to sleep with me." I didn't expect Tory to get home until late from scouts, so I thought why not! So I told Chase, "yes we can try to put Tyler in your room tonight."

Well Tory got home just before bed time and I told him what the plan was. Usually: Tory takes Chase to the bathroom and brushes his teeth, and puts him in bed, and says prayers with him while I rock and sing to Tyler. Then after I finish with Ty, I go in Chase's room and sing him a few songs and kiss him good night.


First Try: All 4 of went in Chase's room for family prayer, then I sang to Chase 1st, then went in and did my thing with Ty; then instead of putting him directly into the crib I carried him into Chase's room, Put him on the top bunk, covered him up, and told him goodnight. He was whimpering and fussing through the whole thing and said, "nap?" with a shaky disturbed voice, and I said, "yes sleep time." then I went out...


I stood around the corner of the hall and listened... not a sound from Chase (because we told him to be very quiet when mom brings Ty in, even if Tyler cries)... after only 3 min. the fussing stopped and he went to sleep! A very successful Day One!


Day 2: Thursday night we did the same routine. No problems, only one little squeak of protest and that was it! So far looks like my worries were all for nothing.

Day 3: Last night, (today is Saturday, Feb. 21) no problems again, and no fussing. But on a very cult note... Chase was so tired he was in bed and asleep before we got Tyler in there, and as I was headed to take Tyler in to rock him for a minute he said, "prayer?" I was so happy. Even though he hasn't been sitting well for family prayer it is still the routine and he knows it!

So I think this will be the last up date on "Sleeping in the new bed" because there is nothing more to write about it... he does great and Chase enjoys sharing the room.

No comments: