Monday, January 19, 2009

The rest of Sea World


The first day we went to Sea World Tory ran into a girl named Cari. He knew her from college. She was a Family Home Evening Sister.

She went to work at Sea World for a summer after her mission and loved it so much she never left!


On our "Behind the Scene's tour" we got to go in some areas general public wasn't allowed. One area was where they keep baby sharks and the eggs.












This picture is us on a ride just like the "tea cups" at Disney Land. Sea World doesn't let you take any pictures or film while you are on the rides, but a worker took this for us before it started.

Needles to say I broke the rules and took a short film any way! because Tyler loved the Elmo area!

The mime and the Seal were form the new Pirate ship/ submarine show with Seamore and Clyde.




These are Salt water eels. They aren't electric like the ones on Little Mermaid... those are fresh water eels!
















Above is the Dolphin holding tank for studies and new moms with babies!










Tory thought this bird looked pretty neat!





















I'll spare you all the pictures Chase took in the aquariums but here are a few!















Flamingos!




















This is more fun in the Elmo play area! And here is Tyler meeting Elmo for the first time!



I wasn't fast enough getting the camera out to film him running to Elmo but I got it out in time for the first hug.












Tory's friend Cari gave us free tickets to feed the Dolphins... about $24 worth of fish! She was so nice.




The photographer caught great pictures of us and the kids so of course we had to get them! Like I say...Priceless!


The Dolphin show was almost a neat as Shamu!


































And here is a short highlight of the Shamu show!


4 comments:

Anna Beal said...

I am so surprised that Ty wasn't scared to death of Elmo and the others. I don't know how my girls would've reacted, but it probably wouldn't have been like Ty.

Ken and Cari said...

How fun to run into you here after all these years! Not diggin' the picture, but anytime I wear a hat to work it's a bad picture day, hahaha. I should learn by now to get ready for work since I never know who I am going to see!

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Mel I have to tell you, that video of your boys meeting Elmo was priceless! That was so cute! I wish I could've seen Ty running up to him, but I got the idea. And I think it was a good idea to get those pictures from seaworld. That was priceless too! Plus they were all good shots! I'll see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I think Sea World would be SO much more fun than Disney Land. Seeing all your fun pictures makes me want to take a vacation and spend days there!!!

Ang