Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Flowers!


Ok... This was my first time making this kind of bouquet! This picture looks like her white flowers are pushing them selves out a bit. I wish I had taken a second to take pictures as soon as I finished making it but I didn't.









It only took about an hour to make them ,but I had a hard time. The stems on the lillys were so short that it made it hard to get them to stay where I wanted them to, I re-started the whole thing 3 times. But in the end I was happy with it.
You can't see it very well but there are some green lilly grass loops, and I ordered "bear grass" but they didn't have any. Bear grass is a little skinnier and would have been easier to work with but oh well!












Derek's boutonniere turned out awesome! I was pleased.
The cake was like heather said, amazing and unique... a few flowers adds a final touch.





Of course I am my wort critic, but I love doing flowers. I found a few old pictures of some other arrangements I have done in the past. My dad always told me I should take pictures of my work... now I'm wishing I had.




I made my cousin Shelly's wedding bouquet (real flowers and the same pixie callillies). it was a different design than Amanda's and I loved it; just wish I had a picture of it!
This is a picture of my Great grandma's funeral flowers that I had the privilege of making... it was my first casket arrangement.

Another thing I love is birdhouses. I decorated these ones while I was working at Petals and Stems. I first learned to make flowers from my grandma Ann Harris. She is so gifted! I helped her with my cousin Jennifer's wedding flowers and from that little experience I got hired at Petals and Stems and learned how to do it all!

I made Anna and Heather's flowers for their weddings also. Silk is much more forgiving than fresh! if you mess up you can pull it out and re glue it. Fresh... you only get one shot.

So that is one of the things I enjoy doing.... FlOWERS!

3 comments:

Hebdon Family said...

These are really good! I had no idea that you did flowers!!

Shelly said...

I didn't know you worked there, I LOVE that place!! I will look through my wedding pictures and see if I have a picture of the flowers you did. I absolutely LOVED them, and only wish I'd had you do a duplicate silk one that I could have kept!

Amber said...

I didn't know that you made flower arrangements. They all turned out beautiful!