Sunday, October 4, 2009

Saturday Conference

For General Conference in our home I like to make a big platter of food to eat while we sit and watch it. The whole eating process only keeps the kids quiet for first 10 minutes, but oh well.


We had Apples. grapes, strawberries, brownies, crackers, cheese, animal cookies, cantaloupe, and carrots, and Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade!
Camrey had milk.

Durinda's Marching Band Competition Tory's oldest brother Ruston has a daughter, Durinda, who plays flute in the Elko High Marching band, and they were competing in Caldwell yesterday.

We thought it would be fun to take the kids and go watch her march. We packed snacks, and lots of blankets, and got out our heavy coats, the got in the car go.

It was about 45 degrees yesterday with light scattered rain, and cold wind, but we were prepared, so we thought! When we got there we realized that we both forgot to put the blankets in the car! It was cold. I even took my own coat off my back and put it over the front of me an Tyler because he was complaining of the cold. (We did remember Camrey's blanket).

Laura has been telling me how good Durinda's marching band is, and she is right. They were good. Their music and marching. They won 1st in their division yesterday! So congratulations Durinda!! We are so proud of you!
I'm glad we had the chance to go see her! Despite the cold, it was fun. We only stayed for 2 bands and Chase wanted to watch more (personally I did too) but the cold won out. So maybe nest time we can catch more.




No comments: