Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Party! (Fri., Oct 23, 2009

Last Friday I threw a Costume Halloween Party for Chase! I wish I would have taken the time to take a few pictures because I went all out! I started preparing on Thursday... I turned my garage into a haunted house for little kids. No scary monsters to jump out at them, but the atmosphere was enough to scare most of them. Using tarps I sectioned off my garage, first crawling through a tunnel them passing a suspended ghost (made from a very large Elmo toy covered with a white table cloth) then walking through curtains that take you by a grave yard complete with cardboard headstones surrounded by leaves and illuminated with a black light. Then you walk past a giant spider on his web around the corner into the flashing strobe light area where plastic ghost are hanging on the walls as you climb up the small stairs, cross the short bridge and slide down the slide and turn the next corner to pass the witch's table: complete with cauldron, a broom and large plastic rats! with a glowing pumpkin. All of this with spooky background noises from a Halloween CD!

It sounds cooler than it looked, but the kids had fun.

-We decorated sugar cookies
-Read them a Halloween story book
-played "Pin the spider on the Web"
-Colored Halloween pictures
-and had a treasure hunt!

I think there were 12 kids between the ages 2-5. But the little ones mostly just played.
In the end, the only thing I wish is that I took pictures. And I had so much fun I think I'll do it again!

No comments: