Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Sandbox and the Tree!

About 2 years ago Tory and I bought a Silver Leaf Maple tree for our back yard. It died! So last Saturday, May 2, we bought a new one. It cost us the same price as the last one but lucky for us this one is twice as tall as our now dead one.


So here are a few pictures of Tory digging up the dead tree... which isn't easy with roots that have had a few years to establish them selves.


And here is the new tree (being supported by our slide).

I took a far back picture with Chase by it so you can see how tall it is... Something around 12 ft. I suppose... our last tree wasn't much taller than 6-7 ft.



I thought I took more video's of Tory getting the tree planted, but I was helping him hold it so I guess I wasn't recording.


A story I forget to tell is the one about our new sand box!

Tory made Chase and Ty a huge 8 by 8 ft. sand box a few weeks ago. He was sad because I didn't get any pictures of all his hard work and effort... then I realized, these are the first pictures I've take of the boys and the sandbox, and we've had it for almost 3 weeks now!


I did break out our video camera the day we loaded the sand in it. Our neighbor Justen who use to mow our lawn for us and now at age 20 now has is own lawn care business, came over with his younger brother and a friend to help unload a trailer full of sand.

I was busy in the kitchen making pizza and preparing fruit and food for our gracious helpers so that is why I don't have those pictures.





But the boys love it!!! If it wasn't raining so much lately they would be out there every day. I'm learning how to keep the sand out of the house but sometimes they run in to use the bathroom when I'm not paying attention.

Needless to say the house gets vacuumed more often than it use to!


Chase has become such a "Boy" lately. His new thing is rolley pollies. He loves to find bugs and show them to me! He even wants to keep them!


















I guess Boys will be boys!




1 comment:

Anna Beal said...

You used to love rolly pollys! You may not remember, but I do :)