Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Grandpa

My Grandpa passed away yesterday... He was an amazing man. Most of my childhood memories of him are of all the times we would gather at their home, and sing and dance around, while Grandpa played his harmonica!


He loved to serve... he did it with all his heart.

He and my grandma served 3 missions together: Dominican Republic, Guatemala, and as a Mission President in Mazatlan, Mexico.

I hope I get the basic facts right or at least come close, but they never finished their mission in Mexico because my Grandpa was diagnosed with cardiomioapthy. His heart was enlarged 4 times it's normal size. (that's how I remember it) and the Dr's gave him about 2 years to live.


That was over 15 years ago!



Our families all pulled together our faith, and through fasting and prayers his heart made a medical miracle and shrunk. The Dr's couldn't explain it.




And we have been so blessed by our faith that we all got to keep him around for so many years later.






I'm grateful for the time I've had him in my life.

He Married and Sealed Tory and I together in the Boise Temple for time and all eternity, and I know I will see him again some day!





Here are 2 more pictures I found of him. This one was taken in Carthage Jail in the room where Joseph Smith was killed.







And this one of my Grandpa and my Dad is in Nauvoo on a piece of property owned by some of our pioneer ancestors who lived there.



I love you grandpa, and I miss you already!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

You got some good pictures of Grandpa. I love the one of him reading, and the one of him sleeping.

Sheri said...

I love the pictures and the post. Thank you for sharing your memories of grandpa with us.