Thursday, May 21, 2009

Father and Son's Campout....(May 15, Friday)

Last weekend on Friday, We all got up and went to the zoo. Tory took the day off to take Chase to his first father-and-son's outing, but Chase also had a pre-school field trip to the zoo that morning; so we all went together and had lunch there, and then we got home around 1:00. Tory got all packed up and they left around 4:00 to go camping. I think they went to Pinetop.

Tory said Chase was the biggest little helper...

As soon as they arrived there Chase started looking for a "prefect" spot to put the tent; his first suggestion was on a badly sloped area with lots of debris, but after a little coaching from Dad about what a "good spot" is they found one.



Then Chase went to the car and grabbed the tent by him self and brought it out to be set up. Next he tried to get the sleeping bags, but Tory told him those can't come out until the tent is actually up!

After helping hammer in the stakes and practically unloading the entire car by himself Chase decided he needed to go find fire wood!



Tory said all the other kids were running around playing, but Chase was all business until the camp sight was ready! They both had a really fun time; Tyler stayed home and kept me company. We went to the grocery store, had Burger King for dinner, and went to the library to get a movie to watch!



They got back Saturday around noon, just in enough time for me to go to my cousin's wedding at the temple. Kelli Willis. Her dress was so beautiful!!!! I wish I had taken my camera with me and took a few pictures; but being 7 months pregnant... I didn't stick around long.
My parents, and 2 sisters, and I, and our families went out to a late lunch at Olive Garden together. Surprisingly the kids were really great, and it was nice to be together, I just wish my brothers could have joined us.

No comments: