Friday, October 31, 2008

My Vision...

So Wednesday Oct. 29 I was outside doing some more paint int on our house...
(Yes, I'm still not done yet) and just as I was finishing up for the day I noticed Tyler had brushed up against some of the wet paint and got it all over his new pants.
My fault for not putting rattier clothes on him, but the fact is I've only been painting about 1 hour a day mostly trim around the windows so I didn't think it would even be a problem...


I guess I was wrong. So I washed out my paint brush and rushed Ty in the house, stripped his clothes off and grabbed the stain remover.


The drama of the time was quite intense... I was trying to get done in enough time to get dinner ready before Tory got home from work and now with Tyler screaming on the floor in just a diaper I have "another thing to do" before I can get dinner on. So the point of the story...

In my hurried state I splashed Shout stain-spray in my left eye. I took out my contacts, flushed my eye with water and contact solution. The whole rest of the night my vision was messed up


I usually see better with my left eye than my right... but now my left eye was quite blurry!
The next day I went to the eye doctor to have him check my eye for damage. I had to pick up my new glasses anyway so I thought while I was there I might as well have him check.


So he says I want to check your vision with your new glasses...
As soon as I put them on it went blurry. He said ok... " cover your left eye and read the top line"

(left eye was the one with stain spray) I couldn't!
Then I covered my right eye and could read just fine. Then he asked me, after we repeated that process a few times, "Did you remember to take out your other contact?"



I was confused... I thought I did.... sure enough I still had one contact in my eye causing a change in my vision!



So $45 dollars later my left eye is fine, and my vision is back to normal.

My husbands reply was. "I married a blond!"

No comments: