Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nov. 21... Surprise Date!


On Friday November 21, 2008 my husband took me on a surprise date... He pre-planned to have my parents to watch our kids for the evening and the first thing he said to me before he left the house in the morning was... "I'll be home at 5; be ready to go and dress nice!" He then kissed me and told me he loved me and was out the door.










He took me to dinner a PF Chang's... a Chinese restaurant down town, then we went to the Morrison Center to see the Forgotten Carols. We had front row seats slightly to the right of the middle.


I had heard some of the music from it before but it was completely wonderful to see it on stage. I didn't know the story line behind the music (I thought I did), but I was impressed beyond what I expected. Of course half way through I started to cry when a song about "holding Mary's baby" started, and my sweet husband pulled a handful of tissues out of his pocket. Which made me cry more. He know me so well!


If you ever get a chance to see it on stage do it! The tickets are very reasonable. I asked Tory what I did to deserve such a special date and he said, "It's my way of saying thank you for painting the house, because without you it wouldn't have gotten done!"




Here is a few more I took recently... Tyler fell asleep at the dinner table because he didn't take a nap, and Tory and Ty fell asleep on the couch on a Sunday after church while I was at a meeting.

2 comments:

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Those pictures of Tyler sleeping are SO cute! And I haven't seen or heard "The forgotten Carols" either. I have heard a few songs, like "The Innkeeper" (cuz Dad used to sing it), but that's pretty much it.

The Laws said...

I am so jealous! We wanted to go since it hadn't been to Boise for a few years, but that was the night of our last foster parent class so we missed out...I'm glad you loved!!