Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sisters...

Today, Aug 5, is my sister's Birthday. Anna has been my best friend and companion since the day I was born...(up until I married my dear husband, now she is #2... but she is still #1 speed dial on my cell phone.)





I love my sister! I know I don't tell her enough. She is amazing.


We are so different in so many ways it's a miracle we are so close. But I guess 20 years of sharing a room with each other helps.









I'm looking forward to school starting again so we can resume our morning phone calls. Alex is a University Instructor and is home during the summer, but during the school year Anna and I talk on the phone almost every morning.



She is the cutest pregnant girl I've ever seen. She
is due in the next couple weeks and is still so beautiful.









I wish I could put into words what she means to me... I am crying just thinking about what a wonderful sister she has been, (and some of you might say... "Melissa you always cry", which is true,; I have always been more emotional than Anna,) but when she left for her mission I knew that just because she didn't cry like I did, she would still miss me as much as I would miss her.

It was hard having her gone, but I'm glad she was willing to come home a month early for my wedding! That meant a lot to me!









She has a tough road ahead this coming year... Dejah will still be in school only part time and she will have Mycha 3 yrs old, and Logan 14 months, and a new baby at home. But Anna is an amazing mother and I know she can handle it. And Alex is so wonderful, and always a big help to her! I'm so glad they found each other!

Anna, I don't have a way with word on blogs like you do... but I hope you know how much I love you. I hope you have a nice birthday today! Remember, you can call me for anything... I'll always be there for you, just as you have been my entire life! Thanks for being my sister!

2 comments:

Anna Beal said...

Thanks Mel...that is really sweet. By the way...those "morning phone calls"....Alex will be here. His work hours have changed to 11:30 to 5. So it may be a little later in the day ;) Either way, that was nice, thanks for the birthday wishes.

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

You're so sweet Melissa. And you are BOTH awesome sisters (coming from someone who's sisters with you both) :)