Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1st Day of School

Today Chase had his first day of 1st grade.


He was really excited to wear his new Star Wars shoes that light up!
Even though it was only a half day, I realized last night that he will need a lunch... so this morning I read the lunch menu to him and he wasn't interested... he wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So being the softy mother I am; I packed grapes, strawberries, carrots, and Cheetos and 2 cookies; then packed the kids in the car, grabbed the P.B. & J. and headed to the grocery store!
We were ALL

out of bread!Hard to make the sandwich with no bread! Since the school time this year changed we had a little more time to get to school: Starting at 9:15 instead of 8:40, but one thing I hadn't planned on was my glasses disappearing! I looked for about 10 min... could not find them. I finally gave up and drove without them. (Not Blind, just Fuzzy edges). I left the kids in the car while I ran into WinCo and grabbed the bread taking only about 3 min! We made to school on time and I made a sandwich in the car, then I walked Chase to the front of the school and sent him on his way!

They Grow up way too fast!!

(He was a little nervous and too shy to talk for the camera.)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

9:15!?!?! Are you kidding me? What awesome school do your kids go to?? How late do they go in the afternoon?
Ours have to be IN the classroom at 7:55am, so we leave here at 7:45. I wish they didn't start until 9:15!!! LUCKY!