Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tory's Birthday (June 3rd)

Tory's 31st birthday fell on a Wednesday this year. He has scouts on Wednesdays so we decided to have a little party on Tues.

We just had little family party for him... I gave Tory his birthday present a few months ago, (a season pass to Bogus Basin) so it wasn't planned to be a big deal, but when you have little kids there has to be cake, candles, and presents.
Tory was in need of a few new shirts to wear to work, so before he got home that evening we ran JCPenny to get a few shirts for him to open.
Of course as my shopping luck goes none of them fit, but at least he liked the ones I picked out!
He also got himself a really nice pair of hiking boots a month ago, which I wouldn't let him wear until his birthday!




Chase and Tyler wanted to try on dad's new shoes...




They were prey funny trying to get around in those big, heavy boots!

Even though we celebrated Tory's birthday on Tues., I still wanted him to feel important on Wednesday. So I spent ALL day cleaning the house, bathrooms, vacuuming, laundry, sorting and rearranging closets, washing bedding, and dusting. Then I exchanged his shirts for ones that will fit, and we brought home his favorite meal: Penne Rustica from Macaroni Grill! and that made his day!

No comments: