Monday, June 22, 2009

Shoshone Falls

On Saturday, June 20, Tory and My brother-in-law Alex thought it would be fun to take our two families on a day trip.




So the Beal's and the Hebdon's packed up and we left town around 11:00 and headed to Twin Falls.
I wasn't sure if a road trip was the best idea for me since I'm supposed to have a baby in 3 and a half weeks, but I've still been felling great, and haven't had many contractions, so I figured a day trip 2 hours away wouldn't kill me. Our sister Heather lives there so we went to her new place first, and picked up her and her son Caleb, and took them with us to see the falls (which weren't more than 10 min. away from where she lives).


The Falls are huge right now. With all the rain we've been getting lately they are bigger than they have been in years!

I have to admit, I've lived in Boise my whole life and haven't gone to see these falls ever. I guess my parents took us when we were kids, but since I don't remember that doesn't really count!

They were beautiful!! I'm so glad I went with everyone. It was nice to get out of the house and do something different. Plus, I got to see Heather's new apartment, which is nice and about as big as my house! (Loved it Hebs.!)



We took the kids swimming at 1000 Springs Pool.
I can't remember what town it's in, but it was only about a 30 min drive away and on the way home.



The pool was indoors and heated by natural hot springs. Anna just had her baby 3 weeks ago and couldn't swim, and personally I didn't want to see if I could fit into the suit I brought, so her and I watched our husbands juggle two kids each while we took some video tape.


All we get to take with us in life is our experience and the memories we make.... and we defiantly did that this weekend!
Thanks Tory and Alex for the fun and memorable day!









No comments: