Friday, September 24, 2010

Felling Lonely...

I guess I could try journaling for once. I don't usually blog without pictures, but I just finished reading my sister's blog and she always amazes me in the fact she always has something to write about. And another thing... she is really great with words!

So I just got my kids in bed and I recorded the season Premiere of Smallville on my ancient VCR... (yes, you read that correctly) so I could have something to do tonight.

I miss my husband!! He has been working really long hours the last 2 weeks and I feel like we never see him! I know I'm not the only one in the world who has a husband who seems gone all the time, but I'm really missing him right now. He had to leave today at 4:00 for a young men camp out for church! He'll be back tomorrow about 1 hour before I have to leave for the evening!

I feel like I'm being so ungrateful in my sour attitude... At least he has a good job, and can support us and take care of us, and I don't have to work. Him being gone a lot is a small sacrifice to pay when you look at the bigger picture, but that doesn't mean I don't miss him and wish he was here now!

So I guess I better go watch my bad recording of Smallville before I let myself wallow in any more self pity!

2 comments:

Amanda&Derek said...

Melissa! I feel the same way! Derek is gone at work, even when he's home... because his phone rings 24 hours around the clock! But your right, its best for the bigger picture! Me, you, and Anna should have a girls night soon! love you.

Anonymous said...

I think we all wallow in self-pity from time to time (sometimes I do it a bit more than most :>)!